As with many building projects, constructing a dock, pier, or boat lift requires planning, expertise, skill, tools, and the right materials. If you are interested in marina construction in the Tampa Bay area, keep the following in mind and trust the professionals at Priority Marine for premier services.
1. Choose Your Materials Wisely
The materials you choose make a big difference in the result of the project. In Tampa, we have a lot of harsh weather, including year-round sunshine, severe storms, frequent rain showers, and constant humidity. With both fresh and salt water nearby, residents in the area need to consider the environment before building. Most marina construction projects typically use handful of materials, including wood, steel, composite, and PVC.
- Wood is a traditional choice for decks and wharfs for the appearance and longevity. When treated properly, wood can last decades and offers a natural, pleasant-looking option for Tampa residents.
- Steel is an incredibly hardy material that stands up to all sorts of weather. Depending on the environment, however, it may be susceptible to rusting and corrosion. If your property is in a certain tidal pattern and is exposed to salt spray, it may be more vulnerable to corrosion.
- PVC is an economical choice for marina construction, but it doesn’t stand up as long as some other materials. The colors won’t fade, and it is scratch- and stain-resistant, making it very low-maintenance and easy to clean.
- Composite materials are usually a combination of recycled wood and plastic, so you get the best of both worlds. It is highly durable and sturdy, outlasting most other options. It is also easy to clean, resists scratches, stains, bleaching, and UV damage. Composites come in many different colors and styles, so you can have all the benefits of composite while still maintaining the look of wood.
2. Hire Professionals
When it comes to marina construction, you do not want to risk the safety of yourself and others by doing it yourself. Some home projects are fine to tackle on your own, but building a dock or deck is not one of those. Take the time to research a marine contractor in Tampa that has excellent reviews and give them a call. They will come to your property to see the area and provide an estimate. Hiring professionals comes with many benefits; the project will go much quicker, you won’t have to do any work, the craftsmanship will be superb, and they have the experience and equipment necessary to get the job done well.
3. Trust Priority Marine for Marina Construction
If you need a trustworthy business in Tampa Bay for marina construction, rely on the experts at Priority Marine. They have been helping commercial and residential clients for decades and are avid boaters, so they know what it means to be an excellent marine contractor. To learn more about their services, contact them online or give them a call at 727-447-1373.