A seawall provides you with a barrier that separates your yard and home from whichever body of water in the Tampa area you live on. If you’re beginning to notice that your wall isn’t looking as new as it used to, it may be time to consider marine construction services to repair it. Even the smallest crack can cause enough damage beyond the cost of a repair.
What to Look For
Most seawalls are built while the home or neighborhood was under construction so chances are that it has been around for quite some time. The previous owner may not have had issues but now as it begins to get older you might be noticing some. Here are some of the obvious signs it may be time to call for repairs:
- Cracks or sections have broken off
- There are visible rust stains
- You have begun to notice deterioration
- Loss of soil/sinkhole behind the seawall
Keep in mind, marine construction services are the best way to determine whether it’s time for a repair or not. A professional can see damages inside of your wall that you may never think to look for or notice.
Avoid the Risks
The weather in Tampa is unpredictable and can put your property at risk for damage if your seawall is in need of repairing. Afternoon storms can produce high winds and heavy rain and then between June and September its hurricane season. If water is unable to be held back, it can cause flooding and possible devastation.
Have Your Seawall Inspected
If you cannot remember the last time you had a professional inspect your seawall for damages it’s time to find out more about the marine construction services at Priority Marine. A well-kept seawall can last 30 to 50 years, but without the proper upkeep, it will need to be repaired every 20 years.
Priority Marine had been preforming marine construction repairs in the Tampa area for over 30 years, and they have the necessary skills and knowledge you want in a quality company. Don’t wait until it’s too late call them at (727) 447-1373.
Before adding any backyard addition to your Clearwater home, it is important to do the necessary research and planning ahead of time. There are a lot of things to take into consideration before your dock building project is underway, including materials, designs and any extra additions. With the help of a skilled marine construction company like Priority Marine, you can be confident that your new feature will be everything you hoped for.
Dock Building Details
Before you begin dock building in Clearwater, there are a few design aspects to remember, including:
- Type. Will you have a floating or stationary one? While floating is great for areas with high tide changes, stationary docks offer the more classic look and appeal. Before construction, you will need to sit down with your contractors to decide which model is best for your needs.
- Material. If you decide that the stationary look is what you want, your next decision will be materials. You can spend more upfront and go for a composite that will need little maintenance and will not rot. Or you can save some money and go for wood, which will require regular maintenance of sanding and refinishing. Again, before you make this choice it is important to think about whether or not you have the time to keep up with the necessary maintenance.
- Safety. Safety is paramount near the water, which is why many dock building companies suggest a few easy steps to take to make sure your backyard is secure. Adding some lights along the edge of the walkway will allow your guests to see where they are going and other boaters to see where your dock is. Consider adding some bumpers along the side as well, so your boat will not be damaged if there are some waves.
- Extras. While some Clearwater docks are just straight walkways out into the water, some can get a little fancier. Consider adding a boat lift to keep your hull free from barnacles, or even a shaded spot for enjoying the beautiful weather we have here. Some people even choose to add a seating area and a bar!
Dock building is no small endeavor, which is why it is important to hire the very best marine construction company you can find in Clearwater. Priority Marine offers high quality services at the very best price around. To see their past projects, check out their gallery, or for more information, call them today!
If you are one of the lucky Bradenton residents to have a waterfront property, you are probably wondering how you can take full advantage of this access. With Priority Marine’s custom boat docks, you can create a place of relaxation that fits all of your needs.
Way before construction begins for your new addition, you need to be thinking about design. Not only will you have to consider the main use of the dock, but you will need to think about any extras you may want to add. To make the most out of one of Priority Marine’s custom boat docks, consider these first:
- Use. Beyond a place to store your watercraft, what other uses will it serve? If you are an avid fisher, maybe consider adding a fish cleaning station. If you love to kayak or paddleboard through the Bradenton waterways, make sure you have a place to store everything.
- Lighting. We all love a sunset cruise, but coming back to land after dark can be tricky without proper lighting. Consider adding light to the edge of your dock, as well as a few along the walk way. Not only will these serve a safety purpose, but they can look great as well.
- More than one slip. If you love to entertain, inviting some of your friends to dock at your backyard and enjoy some dinner and drinks can be a great way to spend the evening. Make sure your custom boat dock has enough room for more than one vessel.
- Protecting your boat. During design, think about if you will want to add a lift to protect your hull, or if you want to add some shade to keep your deck away from harsh UV rays. Consider installing a water tank with a hose too, so cleaning will be quick and easy after a day at sea.
Priority Marine’s custom boat docks can simply be a place to store your vessel, or they can be your next spot to relax and watch the sunset along the Bradenton waterways. No matter how you will use it, call the very best construction team in the area to make sure you get the very best design. Call Priority Marine today at 727-447-1373.