If you’ve decided to install a custom deck onto your Clearwater backyard, you may be feeling overwhelmed by all of the design options. First and foremost, you should decide if you are going to attempt to DIY, or if will you hire a professional company to design and construct your deck. While DIY might sound appealing, there are a lot of complicated design and building codes to take into consideration.
You’ll also need to decide how big you want your new addition to be. While this part can sometimes be stressful, choosing the cool add-ons for it may be a lot more fun! Not only will this addition be a new and exciting place to hang out and relax, but it can also increase your home’s value by creating attractive and usable outdoor space.
Great Ideas for Custom Decks
Your new custom deck in Clearwater can blur the lines between inside and out, which will make your home and yard seem even bigger. It can show off your view, create a cozy outdoor sitting area, and so much more. Here’s how to get the most out of your deck:
- If your home sits on a steep slope, adding a deck can create a great level place for sitting and admiring your view. You can also add gradual steps down to make the walk to and from your addition easier.
- By using building materials outside that complement the ones used inside, you can expand the look of your home and yard; the transition from the living room to the backyard will be seamless.
- If you have a small yard, capitalize on all available space by creating multi levels. Each level can be suited for a different activity: One can contain a bar; another a fire pit; and a third with lawn chairs for sunbathing.
- If you truly want to take advantage of this additional space, consider creating a custom deck that will span the entire rear of your Clearwater home; you can add sliding glass doors to each room for an easy way to get outside.
- Space permitting, add a bar, grill, or counter top for cozy dinners or neighborhood parties. This way you won’t have to keep walking to the kitchen every time someone needs a napkin or new drink.
While custom decks make it much easier to sell your Clearwater home should you ever want to, they also increase the amount of fun memories created outside with your friends and family!
At Priority Marine, we will work with you to build the perfect addition to your yard while still keeping up with local building codes. We offer both wood and composite building materials, and will help you chose which one is the best fit for your home and budget.
For more information on our custom decks in Clearwater, call us today at 727-447-1373!