If you are fortunate enough to live on Tampa’s coastline then you probably want to enjoy it as much as possible. Installing a custom Tampa bay deck of your dreams will allow you to have an oasis right at your doorstep and leave your neighbors awestruck. Before getting started with your custom decking installation, the wisest thing to do is learn the options available to you. Nothing should get in the way of the vision you have in your mind, but knowing the different upkeep and materials accessible to you is very important in bringing that image to life.
- Trex is made from recycled materials that resemble wood (this categorizes it as a composite material). It is splinter free and doesn’t warp, although it will naturally lighten in a few weeks.
- TimberTech has a variety of composite options, and also does not warp or splinter.
- Azek is made from neither wood nor composite material. It will not warp or splinter.
- Softwood has one of the most natural looks when it comes to custom decking installation, but can warp and splinter. Softwood has a natural resistance to many elements and insects; because of this it is not chemically treated.
- Exotic wood is natural looking and not pressure treated. It is extremely durable and resilient, but hard to cut.
- Pressure treated lumber (PT Lumber) is extremely easy to cut and drill into, making it easy to manipulate for your designs. It is treated with safe chemicals to try to preserve the structure.
Upkeep of the different materials
Some materials are more high maintenance than others. It is important to know how much work you want to put into the upkeep of your new backyard oasis before beginning your custom decking installation. If you want it to be more of a source of relaxation than anything else, then you will probably want to look into the composite options, as they require the least amount of upkeep. Keep in mind they will still require some cleaning and inspection. If you don’t mind routine maintenance such as painting, sanding, and staining then a wood option may be best for you.
Colors and upgrades
Once you figure out which material is best for your custom decking installation project, now you can have fun really customizing it. There are many different colors and upgrades available for you so you will be able to install your dream Tampa bay deck. You can add seating and shade options, along with customize your own lighting fixtures. When contacting your professional builders, you can ask what colors they have available in the material you wish to use. For example if you were to decide that Azek is the material for you, you could pick from colors such as Redland Rose, Clay, Fawn, and many more.
It’s time to make your custom deck dreams come true
Not only will a custom decking installation add value to your Tampa home, but it will give you a great place to relax and enjoy the coastline. Priority Marine has been serving the Tampa community for over 30 years, and they strive to reach perfection. Priority Marine prides themselves on having the most qualified and experienced service available in the marine construction community.